BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine's Cards

Well, it has been a long time, no post.The holidays kept me really busy but life is starting to get back to normal. Well, at least for a few days then I have card classes starting up again. I love teaching so classes are so worth the work it takes to put them together.
I have 2 cards to show you today so make sure you keep on scrollin' to the end. The challenge at Southern Girls this fortnight is "Totally Loved Up!!!" and they have 2 awesome Digi sponsors. I fell in love with both images and felt the need to play.

The first image is from Pink Cat Studios who is one of my favorite stamp companies. It's called "Rex Ate the Valentines". When it came time for a sentiment for this card, I was going through my stamps and found one that said "Be my Valentine". I contemplated using that one but then I got to thinkin'. Rex is eating the valentines, Do I really want to be his valentine? lol So I whipped you this sentiment in Word and there you have it. I decided to make this one in blues and greens because, well, I have 2 boys in my life and I can't give them girlie girl valentines.


Copics Used:
Rex body & sky: B99, B97, B95, B91
Rex spikes & Grass: YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93
Valentines: R39, R27, R24, RV34, RV32, RV10
Shading: C1, C00


Challenges I'm putting this card in:
BunnyZoe Crafts - Love is in the Air
The Crazy Challenge - Animals
Stamp Fairy - Layer and Buttons
One Stitch in Time - Love and Valentine
CES Challenges - All Creatures Great and Small
One Stop Craft - card for a child
Do you Stack Up - Cute as a Button

My next card took a lot longer than I had planned. I'm a big fan of the monochromatic look when coloring images and this combo of black white and red is my favorite. But there were so many different sections to this image it was hard to define them all with only one color. My husband must have thought I was losing it when I was coloring this one. I keep ranting about not enough light and skinny legs. I noticed him smirking at me quite a bit. lol

This image is from Tinkled Pink Stamps and it is called "Lil Birthday Luca". I know he is supposed to be a cutie bringing a birthday gift but I think I turned him into a Valentine bearing Vampire. I read waaaay to many vampire books. (Just finished the lastest House of Night book and I'm losing it knowing that I have to wait until November for my next fix) Anyhoo, that's another story. The sentiment is another one that I did in Word. I just haven't been find what I need in rubber lately. I might have to download more fonts if I keep this up!!!



Copics Used:
Roses: R39, R29, R24
Shadow behind Luca & sentiment: R01, R00, R000, R0000 and my airbrush
Everything else: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00


Challenges I'm putting this card in:
Freshly Brewed: Black & White and one more color
Scrap Creations - Love is in the Air
Lexi's Creations - Say It with Love
Woodware: Hearts
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Things with Wings
Sentimental Sundays - Anything with Wings
Kaboodle Doodles - Do It With Digis

36 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Oh that first card WOW is it cool!! Love the colors and the coloring!!!

Kim B said...

Cute card, great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

Louise F NZ said...

I love both your cards but your Rex card really rocks my socks! I never find what I want in sentiments either so I have SOOOOO many fonts downloaded it can be really confusing. Hence all the differing fonts on the SGC badges.lol

Nancy said...

Two wonderful creations...love the image on the first!! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at the Woodware USA challenge!

*Alison* said...

Love those images :) Way to "STACK UP" and use your buttons.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU Challenge Blog :) Can't wait to see what you create next week.. HUGS

Alison-Owner

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW, love both your cards, but the little Rex is just adorable and I love your layers and buttons!
Thanks for joining us at StampFairy challenge.

Hugs'
Jackie

Gerda said...

Hi Hon

i LOVE the colors you used to bring the little Rex to life - too cute! Thanks for playing with us.

Hugs, Gerda aka Stampfairy

Jill said...

Interesting card and great choice of colours! Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Judi said...

Gorgeous cards - I love them both!! Thanks so much for sharing!

angelwhispers said...

Two beautifully coloured cards and so different! Chanelle xx

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh..I love both these cards..your cookie monster is just adorable!! I totally love him!! and the mono card is fab (I am so with you on Vampire movies/books lol!!!) Thanks for playing with us at CES xxx

Janna Werner said...

i love pcs too :) think your card is realy adorable, Michelle. thanks so much for sharing it with us at DYSU!
Janna

Kerry said...

Hi Michelle,

Gorgeous cards!! I love the WOJ image one - it's so dark and classy - really different. I love it.

The Monster is such a funky image too!

Love Kerry xxx

pinky said...

Gorgeous cards, love the first one, he is so cute, definitely like the valentines in my house lol. Thanks for playing along at StampFairy this week.
Pinky

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

super cute

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Fairy Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x

**Farrah** said...

Both GREAT cards!! Really different style between the two- you're quite talented!!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

thenuttystamper said...

Love the cards. Your work is just awesome.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

AWW~~~ That little heart monster is soooo cute!!! and I really like the monochromatic muted look to your tickled pink Luca image. The roses are just beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Carol Ann said...

Cool valentine card and he is super cute too! Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Ann xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh he's a cute Monster! love those stripy papers too, Thanks for joining us on the Stamp Fairy Challenge, hope you continue to play throughout the year too!

hugs Samantha :0)

StampingbugKerry said...

Woweee! Both of your cards are wonderful! Love the colors and the fab layouts.

Kerry
WoodwareUSA DT

Sharon Basel said...

I totally adore your little Valentine monster card! Beautifully done with the papers and the heart buttons. But your coloring of the image is the best part and totally perfect. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at StampFairy! Hope to see you play in our challenges again.
Sharon
StampFairy DT

Miria said...

Two gorgeous cards! Thank you for joining in Lexi's Creations this week. good luck! Miria

Lexi said...

They are fabulous cards :D Do love the new lolita stamps...must add them to my collection lol Thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous and fun love the buttons and image thank you for joining us at Stamp Fairy this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carissa said...

So cute, great card. Thanks for joining us at the StampFairy challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Carissa xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! my sweet teemie! i love your card, he is actyally a little cute, he dosent scare me. and the blue and green colors look fab. love your coloring. thanks for joining us at OSAAT. just to let you now...im having blogaversary candy on my blog, if you wanna join. hugs!

Deb said...

fabulous creations, love the coloring on both cards and super elements, thanks so much for sharing this week at OSAAT
Deborah
xxx

Peggy said...

Great cards! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Anne said...

Fantastic! Thanks for linking up with our Crazy challenge. Hugs x

sharon said...

What two fab cards, your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining in at Lexis Creations. Sharon x

Mary C said...

I love both of your cards though I would pick the second one. It is a perfect Valentine card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Emma and Susan said...

Beautiful colour scheme. Fabulous creation, you have certainly rocked with this card, the image is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations, hope to see you next time.
Love Susan
xxx

SAMARA said...

Hi Michelle...I LOVE your site! Very racey indeed...and that video...awwww THE KISS! Now THAT is valentines! Your card is hysterical! I just love it. Thank YOU so much for YOUR comments!! Squishy hugs, Samara