BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cutie Little Cupid

I saw a tutorial on SCS last week for this cute pop up card and I had to try it. And wow, was it ever easy. I'm definitely going to make more cards like this. This card is for the latest challenge over at Southern Girls. The challenge is.......da da ta da....Dry Embossing. I was happy to do this challenge cause I just got me some new Tim Holtz embossing folders and was dieing to try them out. Oh..Oh did I mention that I'm gonna be taking a class from none other than that legendary TIM HOLTZ in March *insert squeal here*. I was so excited that I almost peed my pants when I found out my registration had gone through. I wonder if he is as excited about meeting me...LOL There are three people in the papercraft industry that I would love to meet. Those people are Tim Holtz, Suzanne Dean and Jennifer McGuire. One down, 2 to go....woohoo.

Anyhoo, on with the card. The image I used on this card is from Delightful Digitals, the International Sponsor for Southern Girls. It's called Loving Cherub. There aren't that many more details in the card except maybe for the Bricked embossing folder and I used the new BoBunny Valentine paper.

Copics used:
Skin: E00, E11, E13, R20
Eyes: B01. B00
Hair: E59, E37, E33, Y17, Y23, Y21 (ok I went a little silly with the hair colors)
Wings & Cloud: BG10, C1, C00, 0
Bow & Heart: E59, E37, E33, R29, R24

Challenges I'm putting this card in:
Stampavie & More - Love
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Valentine
My Time to Craft - Embossing
Craft Your Passion - use 2 Patterned Papers
Lexi's Creations - Valentines
Gingerloft - Things That Fly
Copic Creations - Anything New & Copics
Craft Your Days Away - Love

16 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

This is just way to clever and so, so cute! What a great card and I am on my way to SCS to find the tutorial. Must make one - lol. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creation this week, come again!

angelwhispers said...

Just gorgeous and i love the image looks fab on the beautifully designed card will have to see the tutorial for this one! Love Chanelle xx

Viv said...

This is sooooo cute Michelle!!
And lucky you ....THE Lord Tim of Holtz!!!!! Can I come along in your baggage?!! Please?!!!

Julie said...

This is just soooo cute,thanks for adding the link,I'm going to have to give this a try! Have a good day,Julie.x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just fab hun, he is a proper cutie, love the embossing looks great!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & GIngerloft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Autumn said...

This is so stinkin cute Michelle! Love this style of card and the brick background is perfect, love it!
Have a great day!
xxAutumn

jackiescrafts said...

Awww what a cute card, I love that textured background
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous card, a lovely sweet image and colour combo, Thanks for joining us this week at Gingerloft. Wendy x

Dazie said...

heheheh cute image lovely card!

Thanks for joining us over at Craft your days away with our 'love' theme.

Dazie
x

Lynn B said...

What a heavenly card and the cute little angel on your popup card is divine :)
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges
huggs
Lynn xx

Chrissie said...

What a cutie!
Thanks so much for joining in with our embossing challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Kiki said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous! The image is sooo cute and colored perfectly! Have to look for the tutorial right now!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Stephanie said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.

Gail said...

awwww how adorable!!!..love it..i must try this..tfs..loves ya

Gail said...

awwww how adorable!!!..love it..i must try this..tfs..loves ya

Carol Ann said...

Great easel card and such a cute image too. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx