BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some of My Best Friends are Flakes

I just love this sentiment. It makes me giggle a little everytime I read it. The sentiment and image are from the Flaky Friends stamp set by Stampin' Up!. This is a card I made for this weeks' Christmas in September Challenge over at Creative Inspirations.

I decided to use up some of the Basic Grey Christmas paper I bought last year and hadn't even opened. I also tried using Fantasy Film for the first time. I know if you heat it you create a bond between layers but I decided to go easy the first time. I just ran it through my Big Shot with the new Spellbinders Snowflake die then separated the layers to add some dimension. I also added some dimension with liquid applique (do I ever love that stuff) covered in glitter.

Copics used
Shading - C1, C00, BG000
Clothing: BG01, BG000, BG0000, R08, R05,
RV34, RV32, C7, C5, C3, Y08, Y04

Challenges I'm putting this card in:

Friday Sketchers - for the sketch
Lollipop Crafts - Glitter, Sparkle, Gems
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas
Paper Playtime - use Water in some form
Sentimental Sundays - Let's see some Dimension
Crazy 4 Challenges - Bling
One Stop Craft - Christmas in September
Creative Belli - B-themed Embellishments
Everybody Art - Friends

13 comments:

Dorcas said...

Michelle this sentiment is PERFECT with this card (which is fab btw), I love it. Its cheeky and cute. Great job. :-)

Sharon said...

This is just awesomely cute!!! Love the sentiment! :)

Peggie said...

Really great card. Love all the snowflakes.

Janneke said...

Beautiful card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week.

Janis Lewis said...

LOL! Love that sentiment too. Your card is very pretty! Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the image and the dimension of the snow. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Kat said...

Really pretty card. Love that cute image and that fun sentiment. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Caroline said...

gorgeous x x

Alex said...

I really agree with you - the sentiment is great! And I also like the card you designed to this spell!
Thanks for joining EAC this week!
Hugs, Alex

Gez Butterworth said...

Great snowmen. Just love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Gorjuss. Gez.xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this one Michelle! Fun papers and snowflakes and of course the snowmen are fabulous!