BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dutch Dare - OWH Christmas and Birthday

Hello, hello! The challenge this fortnight over at Dutch Dare Challenge Cards is to make a Christmas or Birthday card for Operation Write Home. This is the card I came up with for the design team and I have made 20 of them. I think I will make 20 Birthday cards and then off to the Post Office I go.

OWH has some specific requirements for their cards that I had a hard time designing around. Cards need to be A2 sized and *gasp* NO GLITTER. As well, I didn't think the military would appreciate a card with 7 seven layers, a bunch of flowers and an inch thick. lol It is funny how we evolve over time. When I first started papercrafting, all my cards were A2, no more than 2 layers and very few embellishments. Now, I have a hard time making a card like that. It will be interesting to see what my cards look like 3 years from now.

The image I used is from the Flourishes "Sleigh Ride" Set. I know I used way too many Rhinestones on the antlers but I had to make up for the lack of glitter, especially on a snowflaky Christmas themed card. Besides, I have about a kazillion of these little stones cause last year I was looking for a specific size and ended up ordering 2 packages of the wrong size before I finally ordered the right size.

Copics used:
Reindeer - E59, E29, E25, E53, C7, C5
Background: B37, B32
Shadowing: W5, W3, W1, W00

Challenges I'm putting this card into:
2 Sisters - OWH Christmas Card
Catch The Bug - is also OWH Christmas Card
Totally Gorjuss - Animals
Crafty Calendar - Blue & Flowers(optional)
Daring Cardmakers - Come Fly With Me

16 comments:

Lori said...

WOW Michele, this is absolutely GORGEOUS. Starting with the beautiful image and how wonderfully you colored it and its surroundings. WOW...just WOW! I think the rhinestones on the antlers are perfect and the snowflaky background and embellies all tie it all together perfectly. Thanks for including Catch the Bug in the challenges you entered. I hope you'll join us again Saturday for our next challenge!
Lori

thenuttystamper said...

This card is gorgeous. I think the amount of rhinestones is perfect. Great job.

Kathy Graham

craftymum said...

Stunning Michele. Thanks for all your effort and joining us at TG this week
Love sarah X

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful Michelle! I lov ethe snowflakes peeking out the side of the card- fabulous!

Jodie Mackrell said...

what a gorgeous card! love the reindeer! nicely colored and laid out thanks for supporting the OWH challenge at Bugaboo stamps!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Loes. Love that deer image... great color combo! :o)

Squirrel x said...

Such a gorgeous image hun, super card, thanks for going wild with us at TG this week. Hugs, Sxx

kelly said...

Great card,love the image and gorgeous colouring.A girls got to add a bit of bling,so i think the antlers are stunning!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love the white space. Thanks for supporting the Catch the Bug OWH challenge!

Tammy Miller said...

Thank you so much for entering Catch The Bug OWH Christmas Challenge this past week. We appreciate it so much and I love your card. Don’t forget we have a new challenge starting in the am and let’s just say the freebie from today would work out perfectly for the challenge, hope to see you there!
Thanks again. Tammy Miller DT Coordinator

Amy said...

FABULOUS CARD. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OWH AND PLAYING WITH US OVER AT CATCH A BUG/BUGABOO.

Céline said...

Really gorgeous card! I love the way you used the stones on the antlers to make the card sparkle!
Hugs Céline

Peggie said...

Beautiful card even without lots of layers and glitter. The background really sparkles.

Stacy Walker said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

Louise F NZ said...

I love the bling on the antlers and certainly don't think you used too much. Gorgeous card.

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the blue background behind the deer!