BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Magnolia-licious Sketch Challenge

This is my first card using an Edwin image. Coloring and paper choice is easy enough but finding embellishments is other story. I am sure I'm not the only one to have a limited selection of masculine embellies, there just isn't that much out there. Mental note - Want to make a million $$$? Design a line of masculine products.... good ones (lol). I guess that is easier said than done. Anyway, this is the card I came up with for the August Magnolia-licious sketch challenge. I tried to make the 2 Tilda images look like they were peeking through the portholes in a ship. I had a lot of fun making this card. I hope you like it. Below is a picture of the copic markers I used.

Recipe:

Stamps: #293 Tilda with Pumpkin, #287 Tilda Picking Lilacs,#520 Row Boat, #102 Edwin with Paddle
Paper: 3 bugs in a Rug - Playtime Boats, SU Baja Breeze cardstock, Gina K white
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Fibers from my stash

14 comments:

Jacque said...

Michelle, that is a darling acrd and a wonderful and clever idea!! Like the idea of the portholes!!! Wonderful coloring and those papers are very pretty...Superb take on the sketch!! Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge...Hugs..Jacque

Christina C. said...

Love your card, Michelle. Very clever take on the sketch. I've been admiring all the cards on your blog. Nice work. Hugs, Christina C.

charlene said...

Michelle your card is adorable I love the colors and the little faces in the portholes !

Suzan L said...

Hello Michelle, Cute take on the August Sketch!! I love the porthole idea and the material that you used for the ground that Edwin is standing on.
Hugs, Suzan

Nancy said...

Hi Michelle...you did a fabulous job with this sketch love the idea of the portholes so very cute. Great job with your coloring and this is a perfect Edwin card.
hugs,
Nancy

Barb Hardeman said...

Very super cute idea for this sketch. Your Tilda's are adorable peeking out the porthole...cute, cute, cute...hugs...Barb

cabio's craft corner said...

Michelle, you did a great job on using Edwin for the first time. Neat take on the sketch!
Hugs,
Cabio

Norma said...

Michelle, stunning card. Great take on the sketch. I love the 2 Tilda "portraits" in the circles. Great colouring. Love the card.

Hugs.
Norma.

Vivi Casale said...

Michelle, you made an adorable card and very creative!!
I love it!!
Hugs
Vivi

Candy said...

Hi Michelle,
Your card is just delightful!! Great idea to have the two Tilda's looking out the port holes! I first thought Edwin was thinking about which gal he would rather take out on the boat with him LOL LOL. Love your choice of papers and your colouring is great!
Hugs, Candy

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Michelle! Love it!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a cute card, Michelle. And so clever of you to put the 2 Tildas peeking out of portholes. Cute!!! Very nicely colored too.
Huggies ~
Sharron

Carolyn said...

What a darling card. I love how you added in the 2 images in the side circles.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Michelle! I love the nautical feel & cute images! Thanks for joinin' in on the challenge w/ us!!

hugz,
Suzanne