BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brads, Gems or Dew Drops

The Southern Girls Challenge this fortnight is to use Brads, Gems or Dew Drops. It was my intention to use all three but I couldn't find my dew drops so I had to settle for brads and gems. The international challenge sponsor for this challenge is Wild Orchid Crafts, Woohoo!!! I only wish I could have entered the challenge. lol
This card has a lot of dimension. The heart I used was cut out of chipboard. I then covered it with a black paint dabber, Perfect Pearl powder and set it with Forever Red Perfect Pearl Mist. I know, a lot of work for something I was just going to cover up but I think it added to the look of the card. The flowers, of course, are from Wild Orchid and I inked the edges of the outside flowers with Fired Brick Distress Ink. I also placed a small crystal in the center of each flower.

Challenges I'm putting this card in:
Sweet Stamps - Flowers
Bunny Zoe - Flowers Everywhere
Lexi's Creations - Flowers
Creative Cowgirls - Hearts
Crafty Calendar - Love
Mami Doodles - Flower Card
The Stamp Man - Hearts Theme

15 comments:

Kleeblatt said...

Wow, what for a wonderful card. I like the heart with the flowers.
Thanks for playing by the Creative Cowgirls.

Hugs Monika

Tamara Morton said...

Wow Michelle, I simply adore your card, Its so romantic and elegant with all those roses. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stamps! this week. I have also became a follower...

Hugs Tamara Twilight fan too! :D Posh Cat Crafts!

Gina said...

Ooooow Michelle!! This card is sooo elegant! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cowgirls :D XXX

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Lovely card! I love the modern colors and the extras you added to the flowers. Thank you for joining in the SweetStamps.com challenge and Good Luck!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

You created a very elegant card! It is gorgeous with its great colors. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stamps challenge.

stampingmarianne said...

Such beautiful elegant stylish card!
The bow is perfect, as well as the roses and the paper on the background!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

jonim52 said...

What a gorgeous creation for our SweetStamps flower challenge. Thanks for joining us.

sharon said...

It's a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations. Sharon x

Janet said...

Such a pretty card. I love teh rosette flowers. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Cowgirls.

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Fabulous techniques x thanks for playing along with the Stamp Man challenge x

shulsart said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous, what fabulous flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps blog

*Ang* said...

Fabulous card Michelle! I love that the flowers make up the heart! Thanks for sharing at Creative Cowgirls. Hugs, Ang x

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Sweet Stamps, What a gorgeous card!! You did a fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Very elegant card. I like how you used the flowers in the heart. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com

Trinh said...

What a gorgeous design, Michelle! Thanks so much for joining us for a Mami Doodles challenge!